Social Icons

Thursday 25 October 2012

Day #50 - Red skin flare up

A celebration today, I reached day #50 of my red skin recovery from topical steroid skin addiction.  Unfortunately it also marked a flare up, brought on by stress I believe.  Work gave me a couple tough days and I could feel it coming on.  Yesterday it was starting to dry out and weep a little on my chest, and today it was much worse.  By the time I got home from work, my body was covered in dry skin and cracks that bleed when you rub them.

The positive is that the flare is less severe than in times gone past, but it's not pleasant.  I've wrapped my legs in glad wrap tonight to try and keep some moisture in them.  The severe swelling is seriously uncomfortable and I can only get my feet into very flexible running shoes, no chance of leathers.

I'm hoping this flare only lasts a few days, that would be a sign that it's getting better.  I'll keep you posted.